Monday, November 2, 2009

National Blog Posting Month

I missed out on the first day of National Blog Posting Month because my first night of work damn near killed me. For those of you wondering, I just took a job working the door and bar backing at a local bar in the neighborhood. It's a place I've been going to for about four years now and it's only a few minutes away from the house. I think it will probably work out, even though the hours are going to be hell on the wife and I at first. But in one night of work I already made almost as much as I would have made in an entire week on unemployment. The wage is pretty good for both shifts and the bar stays busy enough that on the nights I barback, I should get a pretty decent tip share. But yeah, that first night kicked my ass. To be fair, the first night was Halloween and I had never worked door at a bar before. As a matter of fact, the only bar experience I have is a close to five month stint at a less than populated Irish pub in downtown Nashville. I think this is going to be a lot more difficult, but it should be a hell of a lot more money, too.

The other nice thing about the job is the fact that the hours I'll be working still afford me the time necessary to update the blog and work on the various comics projects I've got going now. For those of you interested, I am currently researching a longshot pitch to an editor at DC and I'm putting scripting samples together for an artist pal of mine for a slightly less longshot pitch to anyone at DC willing to listen. I know what you're thinking; DC Brett? Seriously? I mean, you're not even published yet. Fair enough, but I figure I might as well shoot for the stars and see if I manage to hit one. It's worth a shot, right?

I also have a project I'm putting together that I think Moonstone might be interested in, a horror pitch I'm going to try and throw BOOM's way and I'm lining up a few more interviews for the blog. It's going to be a very busy year next year, but let's hope it will yield some serious production.

That's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment