Sunday, August 22, 2010

Baltimore Comic-Con Creator Profiles, Cont.

Below are more profiles for creators I'm looking for to meeting at next weekend's Baltimore Comic-Con


Francesco Francavilla - I first found out about Francesco Francavilla from my friend Evan Shaner, who is a member of the awesome Comic Twart blog with Francesco. I was immediately floored by the man's talent. His ability to perfectly capture the feel of old pulp pin-ups while still remaining wholly original is wildly impressive. While all the Twarters are unparalleled talents, its Francesco's additions each week that I look most forward to. Now it's come to our attention that he'll be pencilling the Commissioner Gordon co-feature in Detective Comics, which excites me to no end. I am looking forward to meeting the man and hopefully getting a sketch. What will I ask him to draw? Any damn thing he wants to.




Tony Harris - Tony Harris is one of the most popular and respected artists in the medium of comics. The regular artist on Brian K. Vaughan's Ex Machina and James Robinson's (maybe the best superhero series ever), Harris has cemented his place in history as one of the best. I'm hoping he'll have a little time to step away from the table and discuss the ending of Ex Machina, his time working with Robinson on Starman and where he sees his career going from here.

The day is almost upon us! Keep checking back with Surfing the Bleed for updates from the convention floor, the barroom floor and hopefully, NOT the bathroom floor.

No comments:

Post a Comment